Chemical Formula: Ce
Catalog Number: ST0008
CAS Number: 7440-45-1
Shape: Discs, Plates, Column Targets, Step Targets, Custom-made
Cerium sputtering target is available in various forms, purities, sizes, and prices. Stanford Advanced Materials (SAM) is your one-stop source to find cerium sputter targets for sale.
Cerium sputtering target has the same properties as metal cerium. Cerium is a chemical element originated from Ceres, the Roman God of agriculture. It was first mentioned in 1803 and observed by H. Klaproth, J. Berzelius, and W. Hisinger. Cerium is an iron-grey lustrous metal, and is malleable and oxidizes very readily at room temperature, especially in moist air. It is the most reactive of the rare earth metals except for europium. Both alkali and acid solutions attack the metals rapidly. The pure metal is likely to ignite if scratched with a knife-like instrument.
|Color/Appearance||Silvery White, Metallic|
|Thermal Conductivity||1 W/m.K|
|Coefficient of Thermal Expansion||6.3 x 10-6/K|
|Available Sizes||Dia.: 2.0″, 3.0″, 4.0″, 5.0″, 6.0″
Thick: 0.125″, 0.250″
We also offer other customized shapes and sizes of the sputtering targets, please send us an inquiry for more information.
Cerium sputtering target has the following applications:
• Use to manufacture aluminum alloys and in some steels and irons.
• In cast iron, it opposes graphitization and produces a malleable iron
• In steels, it removes sulfides and oxides and completely detoxifies.
• In stainless steel, it is used as a precipitation-hardening agent.
1. No bonding service is presently available for the cerium sputtering target. 2. Cerium sputter target has high chemical activity when exposed to the environment. Oil packaging and clean procedure are required to prevent it from chemical reactions.
SAM’s cerium sputtering targets are available in various forms, purities, sizes, and prices. They are available in various forms, purities, sizes, and prices. We specialize in producing high purity thin film coating materials with the highest possible density and smallest possible average grain sizes for use in semiconductor, chemical vapor deposition (CVD) and physical vapor deposition (PVD) display and optical applications. Please send us an inquiry for current pricing on sputtering targets and other deposition materials not listed.
Submit your review
work great, good price, fast shipping.